This class is completely web-based, so there are no face-to-face meetings. We will officially start class on December 3, Wednesday. Please note that your first weekly assignment will be due next week by December 9, Tuesday, at 12:00 midnight. Weekly assignments are due the Tuesday before the next class session. Major assignments, such as the abstracts, blog, book review, etc., are due on the actual date noted on the Calendar page. For example, the first two abstracts are due on 12/17, which would be 2 weeks from our first day of class.
You can use BlackBoard for communication with each other and to post responses for the discussion board part of assignments. All other information can be found via our class blog or the course web pages located at:
http://woodard.latech.edu/~kklopez/LEC709/index.html
This page will open to a Table of Contents page where you will be able to see links for course information. Once you open any of these pages, there will be a "Print All" link at the top right of the page. You can click on this "Print All" link, which will then allow you to print a hard copy of everything included in our LEC 709 web site. Once you leave the table of contents, then you should still see a TOC and page numbers listed that will assist you in navigating between pages.
Please feel free to turn in assignments earlier than the project date (except for postings to our class blog). I usually don't send feedback on projects until I have reviewed what everyone has submitted. This is also usually one week after you turn it in to me.
Let me know if you have any questions. It is much easier to contact me via email than by phone. As a general rule of thumb for during the week, if you do not hear from me within 24 hours of sending an email, then send the email again. On the weekend, give me at least 48 hours, then resend the email.
I look forward to working with you this quarter. If you need to meet with me, then I am on campus on Tuesdays from 1:00-5:00, Wednesdays from 1:00-5:00, and Thursdays from 1:00-3:00. Please give me advance notice to let me know that you wish to have a F2F. I am often pulled out for meetings, so I need to be sure that I will be in my office.
Lastly, please email to let me know you have reviewed the course information for LEC 709. My email is kklopez@latech.edu.
Thanks!
Dr. Kimbell-Lopez
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
this is a test.
I see you, Jeannetta!
:o)
Sheila
Post a Comment